Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Love-O-Meter!


Aight. I went to Cedar this weekend to visit a dear friend, and returned with a cec-copywrited idea. This love-o-meter displays the goings on of all my roommates' love lives. Having a love-o-meter has so far done nothing to improve the lack of life, but now just charts and measures the lack.
Here's how it works:
The thermometer bottom is cold, starting with 'outer darkness', moving on to 'stalker', and 'nails on a chalkboard'. Other measurements of note 'eye flirt', 'first name basis', 'eff-book buddies', 'intriguing experience','silence ISN'T golden', 'DTR' and 'Hot 'n' heavy'. Clearly we are slow movers, but we're excited about it.
Also: each sticky is a boy's hopefully unbreakable code name, with a symbol denoting which roommate is involved. Both the code names and symbols are known only to the roommates, and code detection could mean bad news.

6 comments:

Manda said...

You guys are awsome! That is so funny. You know, I was going to be a "codebreaker" for the government. You better keep me away from the Love-o-meter, or things might get awkward. Where did you get this funny idea? Can't wait to see the temperature a-risin'!

mommaquincy said...

Is this similar to you Mom and Dad's map of the world in the family room? Mapping something a lot like missionary work. I hope you get the man of your dreams to hot and heavy soon!

Erika Ellis said...

I kind of want to change the map in our living room to a love-o-meter! Caitlyn, do you have a book for them to sign?

Jessica said...

That's awesome! Ahhh, makes me miss college.

bethany said...

That's classy. I love it.

Caitlyn said...

As an update, the love o meter is not burning. One of my roommates has a boy on first kiss, but I have no such luck. I have four boys total being charted, one is on first name basis, the other three are in outer darkness. Oh well...