Thursday, March 12, 2009

The mall, Shenandoa, and Winchester


We had a blast letting Mike and Manda take care of us and entertain us for a week. Sister Manda bought Amandass and I some sweet bubbles, which we struggled using, but loved anyway. We drove to Shenandoah National Park on Sunday to do a hike, but a shooting had occurred, or maybe that's just where the shooter fled, or something, I'm not sure, but I am sure they wouldn't let us in. So we went back Thursday to do a hike, but it was freezing, so Amanda just read us the plaques while we acted really cool.
Also, classic pictures at the mall and the DC temple... The part I loved most of the day was this Asian man asked me to "pose in his picture." I thought for sure he wanted me to take his picture, so I consented, but sure enough, he handed his camera to his friend, and he walked me over to the Lincoln Memorial with him. Who knows why, but I was sure weirded out.
**Notice outfits are only worn once, so link these photos with the others from DC.**


3 comments:

The DiStefano Family said...

Caitlyn you are so funny! It looks like lots of fun. Cool pictures! I have changed my blog to private so if you want to send me your email I will add you to the list. Email me at agt03@live.com. Thanks!

Mary said...

I love the picture you captured of Manda here. Something Bev and Leah would try to humiliate me with. What a tard that Manda is, reading plaques like she's your personal tour guide! Really, I'm just jealous that you got to visit. Oh, and I get the same thing in India all the time I've been travelling people want pictures with me like I'm the only white person they've ever seen. I thought it was weird at first, but then I just kinda got used to it. And Caitlyn, do you only have friends named after your mother and sister? Silly girl!

mammasweet said...

Caitlyn- Rob says I'm not allowed to visit his family in Pennsylvania and Ohio until it warms up. Otherwise, he says, "They'll think you're stupid."